- 20 Mar Off
Coronavirus statement, and our extenuating circumstances policy.
At True Blue Fishing we understand that our customers may have questions about how your fishing charter plans will be affected by the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Safety of our passengers and crew is our number one priority. We want to make sure the fishing experiences we offer have an absolute minimal risk to all involved.
Our vessels and fishing equipment will be disinfected and thoroughly washed down daily. Hand washing facilities are available. For the time being we will no longer be offering food catering packages. Please BYO light snacks. We will be supplying bottled water as per usual.
The global effect of COVID-19 is changing every day, it is almost impossible to predict what will happen in the near future. This can make it complicated to plan and organize activities such as offshore fishing charters.
Our charters are number dependant to run and with this in mind during this unexpected financial downturn it’s more important than ever that we meet minimum number requirements to ensure our business survives into the future. Ongoing cancellations make this a giant headache for us.
With this in mind, we have revised our booking and cancellation policy for any trips booked from 21/3/2020. All prior bookings will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Please ensure that you read and understand our terms, and cancellation policies before booking and feel free to ask any questions.
True Blue Fishing Charters
Extenuating circumstances policy.
Eligible customers can cancel their trip. A credit in the form of a gift certificate valid for 3 years will be issued to the value of any deposit/monies paid, provided they meet the criteria.
Who is covered by the policy?
• Customers who are traveling to, from, or through severely affected areas.
• Anyone who can’t complete their trip due to official travel restrictions, medical or disease control duties, flight or ground transportation cancellation initiated by the provider due to COVID-19, or suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Since COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic, our extenuating circumstances policy currently applies to customers worldwide.
How do I file a claim for extenuating circumstances?
If you are eligible for an extenuating circumstances cancellation, please email us at email@example.com We will require the following information and supporting documentation 72 hours prior to your charter departure.
• Booking date
• Booking number
• Reason why you are cancelling mentioning why you are eligible according to this policy and being as specific as possible.
• Supporting documentation
Supporting documentation required from Customers:
In order to support your claim to an extenuating circumstance cancellation, we will ask you to supply the following documentation:
• If you’re coming from a severely affected area and traveling by plane, train, bus or any other form of public transport, we will ask for an image or copy of the ticket.
• If you’re traveling by car, we may ask for proof that you’re currently located in the severely affected area
• Other: If you can’t complete your fishing charter due to official travel restrictions, medical or disease control reasons, or your flight or ground transportation was cancelled by the provider, we will need confirmation of the cancellation or official proof that you’re restricted from traveling.
Failure to provide 72 hours notice of cancellation and supporting documentation your booking will revert to our usual Terms and Conditions that were provided to you with your original booking confirmation and no credit will be given.
*True blue fishing may revise this policy depending on the status of the COVID-19 outbreak.