- 07 Dec Off
Seasonal Fishing Guide Gold Coast
Many of our customers ask the question “What are you catching at the moment?” So I have decided to post the comprehensive Seasonal fishing guide Gold coast below.
This is not exact, rather a rough guide as currents and water temperatures vary from year to year.
- Amberjack: April to November
- Cobia: April to October
- Cod: April to October
- Dolphin fish (Mahi mahi): December to April
- Flathead: All year round
- Kingfish: April to November
- Mackerel (Spanish and Spotties): December to May
- Marlin: December to February
- Pearl Perch: February to November
- Sailfish: January to February
- Samson Fish: April to December
- Sharks: Year round but more prevalent during Whale season May to October
- Snapper: April to November
- Tailor: year round but better numbers caught during the cooler months.
- Teraglin: year round, but tend to school up more in winter.
- Tuna (Mackerel) March to November
- Tuna (yellowfin) December, January and also May to November.
- Tuskfish (venus): Year round
- Wahoo: November to May
To some it up in a nut shell, generally speaking here on the sunny Gold coast the winter months are generally more productive for bread and butter table fish. This is the best time of year to send your baits down deep to target and catch the bottom reef dwelling species such as Snapper and Pearlies.
As the weather begins to heat up and the warm blue currents start moving down the east coast the speedsters like Wahoo, mackerel and Marlin start to move in close to the coast, where they feed on the abundant schools of smaller bait fish that gather on the local reef systems in Summer.
This is the time to break out and re rig your lures, both Skirts and hard bodies will produce good results when the surface dwellers are hungry.
So there it is, The Seasonal fishing guide Gold coast. Don’t delay plan and book your Gold coast offshore charter now!